Apr 11, 2007





















"This car is 100% death proof..."

Just got back from checking out Grindhouse and I cannot recommend this film enough. It's a no-brainer if you are a fan of the work Tarantino or Rodriguez, but its worth checking out even if you aren't. I honestly can't remember the last time I had such a good time at the movies, everything was just the way I imagined it - cheesy, hilarious, bloody, violent, gory, just all around B-movie perfection. The fake trailers were wonderful too, I can't wait to see the full-length version of Machete.

Also worth checking out? The soundtrack to Death Proof, Tarantino's segment of the film. He's always managed to put together great collections of music for his films and this is no exception. It features a nice mix of classic garage rock, pop country gems, and instrumental mood music that fits the film so well. Below are a couple of my favorites, but the whole disc deserves to be heard.

Pacific Gas & Electric - "Staggolee" (taken from Death Proof)
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, & Tich - "Hold Tight" (taken from Death Proof)

No comments: