Apr 12, 2007

Lollapalooza 2007


Create Your Own PaloozaHead - Visit Lollapalooza.com

So the line-up for this year's Lollapalooza was announced today... and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little disappointed at first. No Smashing Pumpkins, which really surprises me. I mean, their summer tour is entirely based on playing festivals and they are skipping the huge hometown fest that takes place less than a month after the new album drops? Doesn't make sense to me. I was also surprised at the lack of big name mega-stars. Pearl Jam and Daft Punk are awesome, but Ben Harper a headliner? Really? But the more I looked at the line-up, the more excited I got. There are some really great names on there, especially lower down on the list. Among others I'm stoked to see - The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Cold War Kids, The Stooges, Interpol, Kings of Leon, The Roots, Amy Winehouse, Lupe Fiasco, TV on the Radio, LCD Soundsystem, M.I.A.... it'll still be a great three days in the sun. And come on, Daft Punk!!!

No comments: