Feb 6, 2007























"Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition."

- Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook

I figured that was a good quote for today, what with the somewhat unexpected snowfall making my day four different shades of pain in the ass. The commute home turned into an epic journey of suck, pushing well past the two hour mark as I slowly crawled through the not-quite-so bad streets. The fun part came in when the salt piled up on my windshield and my frozen wiper fluid could do nothing to alleviate my vision problems. Anyway I made it home safely and with sanity intact, mostly thanks to some incredibly relaxing music courtesy of Ben Chasny and his Six Organs of Admittance project. I've been a fan of Comets of Fire, another group that Chasny's been involved with, for some time but I've only recently begun to dig into his other work. During my lengthy drive home tonight I popped in The Sun Awakens, hoping for something with some energy to keep me going. Instead I was greeted with something that calmed me very nicely. But enough about how it made me feel, take a listen for yourself.

Six Organs of Admittance - "The Desert is a Circle"
(taken from The Sun Awakens)

No comments: