Apr 20, 2008

np: "Music Now" - Frightened Rabbit

Okay, I've been slacking. I promised a mix of my favorite music from the first three months of 2008. No, still don't have that. But I do have a really, really good reason why. My spare time over the last week has been filled up with another writing project, one that I'm pretty excited about. That's about all I will say until things become a little more final, but I'll definitely post more on this later.

On the non-music side of thing, I'm just really enjoying the play of my FIRST PLACE Chicago Cubs. What team is this? Averaging 8+ runs a game? Blowing out opponents left and right? I'll take it, but unexpected to say the least. Let's hope this is only the beginning of a great season. If only the Yellow Ledbetters, my fantasy team, were doing that well. Jimmy Rollins is now my fourth player to hit the DL this season, along with nearly half of my pitching roster (Soriano, Garza, and Kazmir). I'm floating in the middle of the pack, performing well below my roster's talent level. But as long as the Cubbies keep this up, I'll be happy. Provided the tickets show up in tomorrow's mail, I'll be at Wrigley tomorrow night.

1 comment:

GE said...

They certainly smacked my Mets around. Grrr. On the plus side, Fukudome is on my fantasy team. Love that guy!