Apr 7, 2008

Fifteen steps, then a sheer drop...

I really don't have anything terribly exciting to report on today, I don't even have my First Quarter 2008 mix done and ready to share as I thought I might. As usual, the real world interfered and kept me focused on a few more important things. Yeah, I know, this should be a priority, right? Anyway, if you are really jonesin' to read my thoughts about music - jump over to Static and check out my review of the surprising (to me anyway) new Spring Heel Jack album.

In what I consider to be one of the big music related news stories of the week, if not first half of the year, Pitchfork's much ballyhooed Pitchfork.tv beta site went live today and man is it a doozy. Packed with music videos, live performances, interview, exclusives, and a full-length feature documentary; there is enough sate just about any much fan out there. My experience was glitch-free and I was stunned by the high quality of the content on offer. More surprisingly I saw a grand total of ZERO ads - banner, pop-up, or otherwise. It made for a very pleasant first visit, but will it remain so clean and clutter-free? Let's hope so, I'm thinking this is a fantastic development for music on the internet. Head over and give a poke around, I recommend the awesome Jay Reatard live set as a starting point.

I'm not sure if my good mood stems more from a successful work presentation today or the Cubs winning again (despite their best efforts to blow a seven run lead) and pulling above the .500 mark. Either way, I'll take it.

No comments: