Oct 27, 2005




























np: "Publish My Love" - Rogue Wave

Wow. I love it when a band completely surprises me with a tune that knocks me right off my feet. When a great tune virtually pops up out of nowhere, smacks you on the face, and instantly makes you fall in love with it. The type of tune that works its way into your head from the start and you find yourself randomly humming it during trips to the copier.
I first heard Rogue Wave when WOXY (great online station that I highly recommend) played "Kicking the Heart Out", off of last year's Out of the Shadow. I liked the song quite a bit, but for some reason the rest of the debut never really clicked with me. It certainly is pleasant enough, and I could see how some might love it, but I never got fully excited about the album or the band. So I really wasn't paying much attention to these guys this year, although I was vaguely aware that they were going to be releasing something new. But then I started reading some major chatter regarding this tune courtesy of several different message boards I frequent from time to time. I figured with so many accolades being thrown around, it would be a song worth checking out. I'm glad I did, it's quickly turning into one of my favorite songs of the last couple months - and surprisingly, it's not even the album's lead single (that would be the also good, but not as beautiful, "10:1"). This song was enough to spark a new interest in the band for me, and I've since spent a lot of quality time with the excellent Descended Like Vultures. But enough about me, let's get you excited about this song. As usual, click on the link below the picture and give it a spin for yourself. Then head on over to Sub Pop and buy the album. Or the single. Or their debut. Support your favorite (mega) indie labels.

(A quick note about the songs I provide: These are meant for evaluation purposes only, so I can spread the word about music that deserves to be heard. They will only be available for a limited time and will not be reposted once expired. I will also provide links to where you can purchase work from these artists, so that we can all continue to support them. If you are or represent one of the artists for any of the songs I've posted and you do not want it shared, please let me know and it will be removed. Thanks. Enjoy. And please, please support these bands and artists.)

No comments: