Nov 10, 2005

np: "Hotline Operator" - The Constantines

It seems I have to once again apologize for the slacking in updating this site lately, but things have gotten really hectic around here these past few weeks. Between work and just trying to keep up with life in general the blog kinda took a backseat there for a bit. But I promise to be back into the swing of things soon, especially with the end of year review stuff starting to kick into gear. I've been spending the last couple weeks reviewing all of the albums I've heard this year and organizing all my favorite singles of the year in iTunes, all to prepare for my annual list-making. A couple months ago I was thinking that 2005 was a really weak year for singles compared to 2004, but the more I review and dig around I'm finding some really fantastic shit that I originally missed out on or passed over. The problem is that there hasn't been a killer single that has completely knocked my socks off, although there have been several to come pretty close (Fall Out Boy, I'm looking at you). Reviewing all of the albums I've heard from this year is turning into quite the monumental task. I didn't realize just how many albums I've bought and/or reviewed this year, let alone how many of them are actually quite good. Trust me, you'll get a full rundown once my final lists are decided. It's actually been a pretty damn good year for music, you just had to know where to look for it.

No comments: