Sep 19, 2008























np: "Skull Lender" - Past Lives


See what happens when I go and gush all over my beloved Cubs? They blow it. And what happens when I post a picture of Zambrano? The Cards light him up for 8 runs in two innings. Gah.

Anyway, Past Lives. A few weeks ago I was talking about the band Jaguar Love and their new full-length that I couldn't get enough. Well, funnily enough I got a new promo package from Suicide Squeeze in the mail yesterday and it contained the debut EP by yet another band risen from the ashes of The Blood Brothers. They are called Past Lives and are basically everyone else from The Blood Brothers not named Johnny Whitney or Cody Votolato. And the verdict is, after one listen, pretty positive. They aren't striving for the same sort of pop overload as Jaguar Love, nor do they reach for the spazz-core heights of The Blood Brothers, but they do a nice job of falling somewhere in the middle. I'll definitely be looking out for their debut full-length when it hits the streets. In the meantime, you can sample all five tracks from the EP on their MySpace page.

No comments: