May 7, 2008

np: "Paradox Lost" - Coldworker

Yeah, I'm still slacking on updating this blog as much as I should be, but I have pretty good reasons (at least I think I do). Between getting ready for my main gig to move offices in a couple days, preparing like mad for my wedding (only a month away!), and working on several different writing projects - I barely have time to catch my breath, let alone let loose a string of mental dribblings worthy enough to clutter the pixels on your screen.

In the meantime, lists! Who doesn't love a good list or two?

2008 releases I've recently been loving:
Portishead - Third
Young Knives - Superabundance
Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
Santogold - Santogold
M83 - Saturdays=Youth
Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell
Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold

2008 releases I can't wait to sink my teeth into:
No Age - Nouns
Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight
Torche - Meanderthal
Russian Circles - Station
The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement

some absolutely awesome singles you need to check out now:
"LES Artistes" - Santogold
"I Like It, I Love It" - Lyrics Born
"Lollipop" - Lil Wayne ft. Static Major
"Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis

Oh. If you want to read about a really bad new album - check out my review of the Newton Faulkner album over at Static.

No comments: