Jul 18, 2006

"When You Were Young"





















That's right, a new Killers track has been unveiled and well, pardon the lame expression, but it's pretty killer. Brandon Flowers and the boys are still taking their cues from larger-than-life 1980's arena rock, but this song is much more Bruce Springsteen than Duran Duran. In fact, this is really, really Springsteen... total homage to "Born To Run", right down to the huge break and all. But really, I like it... and it leaves me quite excited for Sam's Town when it drops on October 3rd. Click below for a WinMedia stream from the label:

The Killers - "When You Were Young"


Oh and while I've got your attention, cruise on over to Static and read what I had to say about recent albums by Dabrye and Willy Mason (one I liked a lot, the other... not quite so much).

No comments: