Jul 13, 2006

iPod Baker's Dozen Shuffled

1. "Only" - Nine Inch Nails
The only NIN song I have on my iPod right now, mostly because it's a great track for a workout mix. For, you know, those times when I actually work out.

2. "Big River" - Johnny Cash
Oh man, I love this Johnny song. I'm also a big fan of the live Grateful Dead versions.

3. "Eros' Entropic Tundra" - Of Montreal
I finally went back and picked up Satanic Panic In The Attic, what a great frickin' record. I think maybe I just need to work my way backwards through this band's catalog.

4. "Dead Queen" - Espers
The most beautiful song on a beautiful album, one of this year's most pleasant surprises.

5. "Jah Didn't Kill Johnny" - Sage Francis
Not only did I get a Johnny Cash song, but a song about Johnny Cash too. Awesome.

6. "Last Day of Winter" - Pelican
I love this band so much, but it makes for an interesting transition from Sage.

7. "Fall of Another Year" - Can
I really haven't spent enough time with the Can reissues yet, as evidenced by me totally not recognizing this song. It's pretty good though.

8. "Late Night Scamerica" - Psycho and the Birds
Yet another Bob Pollard side project. Not as good as the Keene Brothers, but still a decent tune.

9. "Daughter In the House of Fools" - Enon
I always, always, forget about Enon being on my iPod. I don't know why, they are such a great band.

10. "Head Held High (Live @ Bonnaroo)" - My Morning Jacket
This whole set is phenomenal - the best active American live act in rock? Probably.

11. "The Neutral" - Sonic Youth
A decent Kim song from the new album, not one of my favorites on the disc though.

12. "Talking In Code" - Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
Another of 2006's pleasant surprises... a heartbreaking tune off an excellent album. I think it's safe to say that I'm in love with this song.

13. "The List of Dorms" - Pavement
From the reissued Slanted and Enchanted, which only reminds me how great it will be when the Wowee Zowee reissue hits late 2006/early 2007. That's my favorite Pavement record ever, so bloated and glorious.

No comments: