May 3, 2006

Pearl Jam Week Part III



Now that I've spent a little time looking back on the band's releases, it's time to try and convince some of you lapsed and flat-out non-fans that this band isn't worth overlooking any longer. And what better way for me to do that than to allow you to hear for yourselves? So here are three different songs from the most recent three albums, all slightly different and ones that I love for entirely different reasons. Anyway, click on the links below and give the band another shot. If you like what you hear, follow the other links and order the albums. Or just delete 'em, whatever. Can't say I didn't try. So here we go...

"Grievance"
From 2000's Binaural (buy it here)

"Thumbing My Way"
From 2002's Riot Act (buy it here)

"Marker in the Sand"
From 2006's Pearl Jam (buy it here)

So there you have 'em, plain and simple. I decided not to elaborate on them in this post, I'd rather have everyone who hasn't heard them yet just dive in and appreciate them on their own terms. Tomorrow check back for a couple of terrific live cuts that showcase the Jam in full-on rock mode.

No comments: