Sep 28, 2005

np: "mine's not a high horse" - the shins (live courtesy of NPR)

Somewhat of a grab bag sort of entry today, as I don't really have anything of particular importance to talk about. You may remember me mentioning a couple weeks about something about a poll I was running on a message board I frequent to determine the Top 1990's Britpop songs. Well, the official results are complete and I thought I would share the top 20 (of 125) for those interested. So, according to members of the Sound Opinions Message Board, here are the top 20 Britpop songs of the 1990s:

20. "To The End" - Blur
19. "Caught By the Fuzz" - Supergrass
18. "Acquiesce" - Oasis
17. "Ladykillers" - Lush
16. "The Drowners" - Suede
15. "Champagne Supernova" - Oasis
14. "Animal Nitrate" - Suede
13. "Girl From Mars" - Ash
12. "Setting Sun" - Chemical Brothers f. Noel Gallagher
11. "The Universal" - Blur
10. "Bittersweet Symphony" - The Verve
9. "Wonderwall" - Oasis
8. "Country House" - Blur
7. "Born Slippy (NUXX)" - Underworld
6. "Disco 2000" - Pulp
5. "Connection" - Elastica
4. "Live Forever" - Oasis
3. "Girls and Boys" - Blur
2. "Alright" - Supergrass
1. "Common People" - Pulp

Very cool to see "Alright" finish ahead of the two kings of Britpop and I'm really happy to see Pulp take the number one spot with a song that really encapsulates the era very well. I'm kinda wishing I would have voted that to the top myself, oh well.

In other news, I'm very excited to be heading to the Riv tonight to catch Wolf Parade and Arcade Fire in what is shaping up to be one hell of a concert judging by the reports I've read on other tour stops. I'll let you know how awesome it was tomorrow, maybe even with pictures if I can keep my digital camera from sucking.

Related to the show tonight, I picked up the Wolf Parade debut full-length on Sub Pop, Apologies to the Queen Mary, yesterday and it is absolutely fantastic. Grab yourself a copy.

No comments: