Jul 23, 2008





















Pitchfork Bitch Fest '08


Look guys, I know you were busy curating another festival this weekend and all, but WTF? Really? This is the kind of critical analysis we can count on from a supposedly trusted source? I know Pitchfork bashing is sooo 2005, but this type of stunt really bugs me. Not only is it lazy, but it's pretty damn insulting to the site's readers as well. I have no problem with the writers/editorial staff hating the album, but would it kill them for a little bit of an explanation as to why they hated it so much? I mean, we get it - you're sorry you foisted a band on us that turned out to suck. Don't worry, it isn't the first time. But when you consider that all four of the songs from the Pitchfork approved debut EP also appear on this supposedly horrible album, it kinda makes you want to know what went so horribly wrong. Lousy production? Half-hearted performances? What? Looks like we'll have to turn elsewhere for that kind of explanation, since it seems that the folks over at Pitchfork can't be bothered with any sort of critical integrity when their busy congratulating themselves on putting together another fine music festival.

Then again, why I am I surprised? They've pulled this shit before.

No comments: