Oct 8, 2007






























"They're standing outside / And they're looking in..."


It's been over two months without an update, I've been pretty pathetic as of late. At least as far as updating this blog is concerned. Outside of that I've been busy as hell at work while trying to plan for a wedding and making the preparations to move into a new house. To say I've had little time for writing about music would be a massive understatement. But of course I've had time to listen to it, that's for sure. And lately I've been spending more time with a band that I was originally going crazy over back in June. There debut album had been growing on me by leaps and bounds, but they're excellent set at Pitchfork Fest cemented it. The Twilight Sad is one of my new favorite bands. I was reminded their greatness thanks to another in the outstanding series of KEXP Live Performance podcasts, which you can check out for yourself right here. I've heard comparisons to Arab Strap, Arcade Fire, and U2 in the past - but I don't think any of those do justice to this band. Check out my favorite two songs for yourself. And dig that Stand By Me referencing song title!

The Twilight Sad - "That Summer, At Home I Had Become the Invisible Boy"
(taken from Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters)
The Twilight Sad - "And She Would Darken the Memory" (taken from Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters)

No comments: