Apr 27, 2006

v//c:preview
I figured it was time to introduce a new semi-regular feature to via//chicago, one that allowed me to be more consistent in sharing some great music with my loyal readers (all three of you). So here is the first edition of v//c:preview, an outlet for me to hook you up with some tunes that you might be interested in hearing. Anyway, click on the links below and follow the easy instructions to download these songs - and remember, if you like what you hear please support the artist! If you don't delete it and save precious hard drive space for something more up your alley. And away we go...

Wolfmother - "The White Unicorn" (EP version)
First up is an older song from via//chicago favorites, Wolfmother. I know I posted something about them not too long ago, but I wanted to take this opportunity to share something else as we prepare for the stateside release of the debut album this coming Tuesday. This track, "The White Unicorn" will appear on said album in a re-recorded and truncated version, so here's your chance to hear the whole thing in all it's rock glory, as it appeared on the band's first EP.
((click here to purchase Wolfmother))

Taking Back Sunday - "Twenty-Twenty Surgery"
As a follow-up to my last post, I figured it would be a good idea to share my favorite track off the new Taking Back Sunday album, Louder Now, so you can hear exactly what I was talking about. This is a great example of how great these guys are with a hook, this will probably be bouncing around your head for a long time after the first couple listens. Maybe some of you doubters out there will take a chance and realize that this band shouldn't be dismissed entirely just because of the dreaded E-M-O tag. Enjoy.
((click here to purchase Louder Now))

So that's it. Hopefully, at the very least, I'll have given you a little over ten minutes of music to pass the time on a slow Friday sitting at your desk. Feel free to leave me some feedback, its all appreciated.

No comments: