Dec 23, 2003

np: "the bear" - my morning jacket

my Christmas spirit is rapidly fading away tonight. i sat down to enjoy my annual viewing of Christmas Vacation, when it was spoiled about halfway through by my neighbors upstairs blasting bass and rattling my shit enough to keep knocking my already loose A/V connection out. fuckers. and it's not so much just the bass that's annoying me, it's the constantly pounding on the floor and bouncing a ball on the kitchen floor. it's not a good start, everytime they start up with this noise level it goes on until 3 or 4 in the morning. some of us do have to work on Christmas Eve actually. and complaining is no use, the last time i tried to nicely ask them to keep it down they pretended not to speak English and shut the door in my face. fuck, i hate to sound like a boring old fart... but there's a reason i moved away from a college campus.

oh well, one half of a work day to survive through and my insanely busy Christmas celebration begins. i'll have to rush out to my grandmother's house for dinner, followed by a gift exchange at my dad. then Christmas morning i have to get up early and head over to my mom's for a quick brunch and then on to my girlfriend's parents' for dinner. not to complain though, it's kinda nice to have so much to do on the holiday rather than just sit around with annoying relatives for hours on end. just a wee bit nervous about meeting her parents though.

so what did i ask for from Santa this year? well an IPod would be the shit, but i'm not holding my breath on that one. i'll just be happy to finally get a working turntable, since that was the main gift i've been hinting at for months. other than that, there's not a whole lot i've been looking for. those so inclined to learn a little more about what a boy like me wants, you can check out my wishlist.

alright, it just got even louder upstairs. i'm going to go shove my head in the closet and slam the door several times.

No comments: