Nov 22, 2010

np: "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift


















As you may or may not have noticed, this blog has lain dormant for far too long this year. Since no one reads this anymore I don't really need to make any excuses, but life priorities switch around when you are knee deep in a feverish job search and again, thankfully, when you do land that great position you were seeking. S0, yes, I'm attempting once again to breathe some life into this thing and return to action. As per yesterday's post, I certainly plan to continue the 200 of the 2000s project, but I also hope to keep cranking out new content on a more frequent basis. I had forgotten how great of an outlet this can be. There should be plenty to talk about in the coming weeks, in addition to highly anticipated albums being released lately (Kanye and My Chemical Romance to name but two), we are rapidly approaching one of my favorite times of year - list season! And, of course, I'm always discovering great music that I want to talk about. I'd really like to get some of my readers back, if you are still around - leave a comment, won't you?

As you can see by the song I was playing when I started this post, I finally caved in and picked up the new Taylor Swift album thanks to Best Buy's sale today. I'm sure some of you are crinkling your noses right now but, you know, you really are missing out. Yes - she is (at best) a mediocre live singer and she is well beyond over-saturated at this point. She is, however, also a really engaging songwriter, no matter what her age. I'm only part way through my first listen, but this really is a solid listen so far and she appears to be maturing in all the right ways. Dismiss her at your own peril.

No comments: