Jan 7, 2009























np: "No Fun" - The Stooges


I had the beginnings of a longish post about some of my own most anticipated new albums of 2009, but that kinda fell to the wayside when I heard about the tragic loss of one of the founding members of the legendary Stooges. Asheton's dissonant guitars were always my favorite part of the band's classic albums and he will surely be missed. For now I just want to strip down to my underwear, crank "No Fun" up as loud as my stereo can go, and rock out. In fact, we all should do just that in Asheton's memory. If, for whatever completely unacceptable reason, you don't know this song - by all means download it (and another favorite) below so that you can listen to it on your iPod while making a beeline to your local record store to buy the entire Stooges catalog.

The Stooges - "No Fun" (taken from The Stooges)
The Stooges - "T.V. Eye" (taken from Fun House)

As a sidenote, expect my posts to be fairly sporadic over the next month or two as I really ramp up my studying for the LEED AP exam I'll be taking. Wish me luck.

No comments: