Jun 12, 2007
























Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky...


Things have been ultra-hectic here in via//chicago land as of late, so pardon me for the brevity as I pop in to share one of my more recent favorites with my loyal readers (both of you). Fans of tripped-out, bottom-heavy, stoner, drone rock will want to give the latest record from San Diego's Earthless a couple of spins with your best pair of headphones. Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky is one of the most ass-kicking records I've heard all year and certainly fares better than that disappointing new Pelican disc. Three tracks of rock bliss - the first two each clocking in at over twenty minutes each (but trust me, neither even comes close to overstaying its welcome - you'll be wishing for more) and a raucous cover of "Cherry Red", originally performed by The Groundhogs. Nastily heavy, yes, but trippy enough to please fans of Acid Mothers Temple alike.

Earthless - "Cherry Red" (taken from Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky)

No comments: