Dec 4, 2005


















np: "Heart In A Cage" - The Strokes

Apparently the whole album has leaked now, so chances are that if you're a huge fan and technologically inclined - you've probably already heard First Impressions of Earth by now. I've yet to hear the whole thing, I'm really trying to hold out until the official release date (January 3, 2006) since I like to keep some suspense now and then for my mostly highly anticipated albums. But I do have to admit that I've already heard about four of the new tracks and I'm pretty stoked by what I've heard. Definitely a change of pace for the band, no one is going to be calling this one Is This It Part 3. We'll just have to see if this level of quality can be held up for fourteen tracks. While on the topic of these guys, have you seen the "Juicebox" video yet? It's really nothing special, but David Cross managed to pull a chuckle from me during his brief cameo introducing the band. Although I have to admit that he needs to lay out of the indie/rock video appearances so far, he'll never be able to top the hilarious "rock school" Yo La Tengo "Sugarcube" video. And, hate to say it, but that cover art pretty much sucks.

Progress is still being made on the via//Chicago 2005 year-end extravaganza - look for it to kick off within the next week or two. In addition to featuring my favorite albums and singles of the year, I'll also be listing my favorite compilations and live shows of the year. Not to mention a wrap-up of the music year that was 2005.

No comments: