Mar 9, 2004

np: "no distance left to run" - blur

shit, this song comes close to choking me up every single time i hear it. its not one of those tracks that i associate with a certain time or event in my life, but somehow this song almost always makes me a little sad. speaking of sad, sorry to neglect you my poor little blog, i swear there's not another. it's just that sometimes i need a break. it's not that i don't love you anymore, i just need to concentrate on some "me" time now and then. i think it only makes us stronger, dig?

this month's excuse is my new training program, if it can be called that. one of my (belated) new year's resolutions was to run a 5K sometime before the summer is over. i needed some strong goal in mind to get my lazy ass up off the couch and working out again on a more frequent basis. so i found this "Couch Potato to 5K" running program and i dove right in. three times a week i run/walk for 30 minutes, with each successive week increasing the amount of time spent actually running. it must be working rather well, since i've not grown sick of it yet nor have i given up in frustration. granted its only been 4 weeks so far, but thats longer than i've lasted in a lot of other "programs". in fact, i downright look forward to my workouts - it really is a stress-reliever.

and stress relief is something i've really been needing lately, as work is gearing up to go all hectic stylee in the next couple of weeks. its good though, because i'm getting put in charge of a decent sized project. i've been involved in the design from the very start and i'm looking forward to seeing it through to completion. i hope i don't jinx it though, as its not exactly a done deal at this point. but not to worry, there are several more good projects coming down the pipeline.

i'm looking forward to Friday night, as it will see me rocking the fuck out to that long-haired son of Detroit, Kid Rock. laugh if you must, but i have a feeling he's going to put on one hell of a motherfucking show. i'll let y'all know, so you don't lose any sleep wondering. heh.

in other semi-big news, the girlfriend and i hit the six month mark last week. that may not be much to most people, but given my dating history, its a pretty significant landmark for me. and i couldn't be happier.

No comments: