Feb 24, 2008






























Sunday Night Blues...


I really don't like Sunday night, I never really have. The anxiety of the working week is about to set in and another weekend has died a too soon death. With that in mind, some random thoughts flitting about my too tired brain.

- I hadn't seen 80% of the movies nominated this year so I didn't care too much about that Oscars. I will say this though, Juno won about the only award it really deserved and I'm glad Enchanted didn't win for any of its three(!) nominated tunes.

- The new Erykah Badu record, New Amerykah Part One, is getting crazy good advance buzz. I'm looking forward to checking it out on Tuesday. And I love that cover art.

- The decently sunny and reasonably warm Sunday is supposed to be rewarded by six inches of snow tomorrow afternoon. Come on Spring.

- You don't know how excited I am to have gotten my new library card today.

- Some of the stuff I listened to this weekend:
The Roots - Phrenology
Nick Lowe - Jesus of Cool (Reissue)
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina II: Friends and Enemies of Modern Music
Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun
The Velvet Underground - The Gymnasium, Live 1967 (more on this tomorrow)

No comments: